Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts is a non-profit organization enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive, educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2013.
No phone calls please!
Director of Individual Gifts
Description: Manage and work with the Vice President & Chief Development Officer on the annual membership program, including solicitation and stewardship of members and prospects via phone and mailings; collaborate on stewardship and cultivation events (excluding food and beverage management); oversee, manage and work directly with the Vice President & Chief Development Officer and the Director of Marketing on marketing of Caramoor Membership Program and communication with existing Caramoor Members, including the Caramoor Members’ newsletter.
• Manage existing annual membership program through donor relations, solicitation, and stewardship
• Develop new strategies for attracting and retaining donors for annual program initiatives
• Develop collateral materials including direct mail brochures, newsletters and annual reports
• Oversee donor recognition and fulfillment of benefits of membership
• Provide evening and weekend Development coverage for concerts and special events throughout the year, particularly during the annual Summer Music Festival
• Facilitate volunteer involvement in the annual giving process
• Analyze effectiveness of strategies and solicitation results
• Collaborate with Vice President & Chief Development Officer to set fundraising goals and expenses
• Supervise Development Associate, responsible for gift entry and acknowledgment
• Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of Raiser’s Edge database, including maintenance of the Membership and Events modules
• Interface with the Director of Special Events and Facility Rentals who will then formulate non-revenue generating events such as:
o Symphony Court, Intermission and Post-Concert receptions
o Friends’ Garden Party and other membership benefit events
o Fall, Spring and Festival Stewardship Events
o Corporate sponsor events, dinners, receptions
• Interface with Box Office Manager to provide fundraising training for seasonal and year-round staff
Salary commensurate with experience, competitive benefits package. Start Date: ASAP