We’ll be updating this page as we receive new information and enact any changes. | Last updated: May 20 at 10:30am.
Dear Caramoor Guests,
Caramoor was built not only as a home for great music, but as a respite for all visitors to find inspiration and peace, and was born out of a love for family and community. Over the past few months, we have been working to ensure that tradition of music and hospitality endures this summer and we are excited to share our plan with you.
The music will play on!
While we have to cancel our 2020 Summer Season as it had originally been programmed, Caramoor’s Summer 20/2.0 is a three-part flexible plan that enables us to provide the music and sights of Caramoor with your safety and comfort in mind.
Aiming to responsibly participate in New York’s re-opening process, this three-part plan begins July 2 when we will kick off the first of our seven streamed new performances by world-class artists filmed in the Music Room. Later in the summer, we have scheduled four live, public, open-air concerts on Friends Field suitable for safe distancing and small audiences. Finally, when construction allows for the safe return of visitors, we hope to open up the gardens and sound art for limited hours so you can enjoy the freshly updated sights and sounds. View all of the scheduled events below.
When it comes to public safety, Caramoor is taking precautions seriously. We are working closely with local health experts and officials in developing and implementing plans that incorporate recommended health and safety guidelines. More details will follow in early July.
We wish you and your families strength and comfort during this time. By keeping the music playing, we hope to provide you with musical respite and promise for the future.
Jeffrey P. Haydon
Chief Executive Officer
Summer 20/2.0 Events
Thursday / July 2 / 7:00pm
Inon Barnaton, piano
Thursday / July 9 / 7:00pm
Listening to Tom-Tom
A lecture/concert on
Shirley Graham Du Bois’ 1932 opera
Sunday / July 12 / 3:00pm
Thursday / July 16 / 7:00pm
Calidore String Quartet
Saturday / July 18 / 7:00pm
Presented in Collaboration
with City Winery
Thursday / July 23 / 7:00pm
Members of The Knights
Saturday / July 25 / 7:00pm
Rachael & Vilray
Presented in Collaboration
with Jazz at Lincoln Center
Thursday / July 30 / 7:00pm
4th Annual Chamber Feast
Saturday / August 1 / 7:00pm
Charles Turner & Uptown Swing
Thursday / August 6 / 7:00pm
with Conor Hanick, piano
Saturday / August 8 / 7:00pm
Flor de Toloache
More details will follow in early July for updates on ticketing and safety precautions.
What Can You Do if an Event is Canceled or You Are Unable to Attend?
We have made the decision to close Caramoor to the public through June. All Rosen House Afternoon Teas and tours have been canceled. Spring 2020 and the originally programmed Summer 2020 events have also been canceled.
For all events (canceled, postponed, or livestreamed), we have expanded our options for guests no longer attending our events:
- Donate your ticket back to Caramoor (we will issue you a donation receipt for tax purposes)
- Exchange your ticket to receive a credit on your account for a future performance
- Refunded back to the original purchase method
Ticket donations for Summer Season events will go toward the Caramoor Artist Fund created to compensate artists whose summer Caramoor performances were canceled and not able to be re-scheduled.
If you are a ticket buyer for any of the performances that have been canceled, you have been sent an email with information on how to receive your refund, credit, or to make a donation. While our on-site Box Office is closed, our Box Office team is still available via phone or email Monday–Friday, 10:00am–4:00pm at 914.232.1252 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Postponed Spring Events
Sunday, March 22, 3:00pm
Postponed | New date: Thursday, October 1, 7:30pm
Saturday, May 2, 8:30pm
Laura Osnes & Santino Fontana
Cabaret in the Music Room
A Benefit Event
Postponed | New Date: Friday, November 20, 8:30pm
Saturday, May 16, 6:00pm
An Evening of Wine
A Benefit for Caramoor’s Education Programs
Postponed | New Date: Saturday, October 3, 6:00pm
Check back here for up-to-date communications on any new information we have.
What Steps Are We Taking?
At this time, we are taking the following steps to ensure the health and safety of our audience, artists, staff, and community:
- Working closely with local health experts and officials in developing and implementing plans that incorporate recommended health and safety guidelines
- Closing Caramoor to the public and limiting on-site staff
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all areas and surfaces
- Increased monitoring of employee and community health
- Ensuring that staff members follow all recommended safety precautions
Recommended Practices to Lessen the Spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue (not your hands), then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and practice social distancing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning product that contains bleach