Caramoor is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music.
It’s also a pretty great place to work. Openings will be posted below or you may contact us to find out more about seasonal, part-time, and full-time employment at Caramoor. We look forward to meeting you!
Cover letters and resumes may be submitted to email@example.com unless otherwise noted.
No phone calls, please.
If you are interested in working with our food service caterer, Great Performances, please follow the link below. They’re seeking friendly, energetic, and diligent people to join their team.
Title: Parking Staff
Supervisor: Parking Supervisor
Employment Type:PT, non-exempt
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience
References: 3 required
Works closely with: Visitor Services, Facilities, Artistic & Production.
The Parking Staff assist with the safe, orderly, and timely parking of guests at Caramoor’s events. The Parking Staff serve as some of the first people to greet guests when they arrive and, because of this, are expected to be friendly, helpful, and welcoming to all guests. Parking Staff is needed at all of Caramoor’s summer events (7–8 weeks in June & July), though not all staff members are needed at every event.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Service — Provide all visitors with the highest level of customer service, so as to make their visit to Caramoor as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- Parking: Direct cars to appropriate areas, including ADA, VIP, artists, staff, and guests. Provide for the safety of pedestrians within vehicular and traffic areas. Direct guests towards exits when leaving the grounds.
- Accessibility: Assist guests with accessibility and mobility requirements as necessary. Provide for accessible parking and wheelchairs or other assistive devices. Communicate any accommodations to Parking Supervisor to ensure proper care.
- Shuttle Bus: With the Visitor Services team, assist guests taking Caramoor’s shuttle bus to and from the Katonah MetroNorth Station. Direct guests to bus location at Caramoor. Assist the bus driver with parking and traffic patterns as necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service & Communication Skills: Must have a friendly and professional attitude and work well with the public to navigate different personality types among stakeholders including visitors, VIPs/donors, seasonal staff, artists, senior staff team & Board of Trustees. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaboration: Ability to work as part of the Caramoor family, in particular with the Marketing and Audience Services team, in a positive and professional manner. Willingness to be very hands-on and flexible to work on a variety of assigned tasks.
- Administrative Skills: Ability to maintain confidential information. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities.
- Values & Culture Fit: Demonstrated passion for music; have an appreciation for creating an environment of inspiration of music for all visitors; and have a strong commitment to Caramoor’s mission and values.
- Working Conditions: Ability to work in a busy environment, maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on 90 acres of woodland trails, gravel path ways and spectacular gardens. Flexibility to work during weekends and evenings as needed for events. Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs. Ability to set up and breakdown for events.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Parking Staff” in the subject line. We will contact candidates only being considered for the role. Please check our website for more opportunities as we are growing and new opportunities will be available. No phone calls, please.
Caramoor is a cultural landmark and non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music. It’s also a pretty great place to work. Learn more about Caramoor.
Download Full Job Description