Caramoor is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music.
It’s also a pretty great place to work. Openings will be posted below or you may contact us to find out more about seasonal, part-time, and full-time employment at Caramoor. We look forward to meeting you!
March 4, 2021
Title: General Crew
Supervisor: Crew Chief
Employment Type: Part-time, Non-exempt
Caramoor Center for Music & the Arts is currently seeking qualified candidates to join the Technical Crew for its 2021 summer season.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than March 26, 2021 to [email protected] with “Technical Crew” in the subject line. We will only contact candidates being considered. No phone calls, please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Crew is responsible for executing the theatrical operations of all of Caramoor’s performance spaces. Under the supervision of the Crew Chief, key duties include the load in, running, and strike of all technical materials for each production. Crew may be assigned to work-specific departments, such as lighting, sound, rigging, or carpentry, but may also be assigned other duties as delegated by the Crew Chief. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, keeping backstage and storage areas clean and organized, transporting materials throughout the campus, loading and unloading trucks, assisting in hospitality setup and strike, and supporting the Artists as needed. Crew members must be immediately available as needed during the entirety of rehearsals and performances. The crew must observe all safety procedures.
• A working knowledge of all aspects of the theater – production and technical, as well as performance.
• Communication Skills: Must have professional and approachable skills to effectively work closely with artists, make them feel welcome, and attend to their needs. Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills are required for interaction with other stakeholders including staff, vendors, guests, the Board of Trustees.
• Collaboration: Ability to work as part of the Caramoor family, in particular with the Artistic Programming team, in a positive and professional manner, is essential.
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors and work effectively on a team.
• Strong time management skills and ability to work on many projects and changing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work well under pressure, and be flexible to changing plans, and while demonstrating dedication, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Must possess organizational abilities and attention to detail.
• Must have reliable transportation and live locally (within 50 miles).
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Ability to work in a busy festival environment, maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on 80 acres of woodland trails, gravel pathways, and spectacular gardens.
• Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting, bending, standing, climbing, and/or walking for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work long hours, during weekends and evenings, as needed, for events.
• A personal vehicle, and valid driver’s license, are required.