Caramoor is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music.
It’s also a pretty great place to work. Openings will be posted below or you may contact us to find out more about seasonal, part-time, and full-time employment at Caramoor. We look forward to meeting you!
Cover letters and resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise noted.
No phone calls, please.
Title: Visitor Services StaffDepartment: Marketing Supervisor: Director of Visitor Services (Primary), Box Office Manager, House Manager Employment Type:PT, non-exempt Works closely with: Visitor Services, Marketing, Artistic & Production, Facilities. The Visitor Services Staff serve as seasonal assistance for Caramoor’s Visitor Services, primarily focusing on the Box Office (ticket sales, will call, administrative assistance, phone reception), and Front of House (ticket collection & scanning, venue setup, event supervision) while occasionally assisting visitors in other capacities. The Visitor Services team staff the box office and venue during our Fall–Spring Season event (weekend afternoons & evenings from September–May).
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Front of House — Control guest flow into and out of venues, assist guests with seating, monitor and enforce policies relating to guest behavior inside venues. Assist in venue setup and cleanup.
- Ticket scanning: Scan all tickets of guests entering venue, paying attention to any notifications from scanning software (ticket already scanned, wrong event, etc.). Ensure that all guests entering venue have appropriate tickets, and confirm age on children’s tickets.
- Assist with seating: Direct guests to proper venue seating based on ticket information, provide assistant to guests with limited mobility as necessary.
- Enforce Behavior Policies: Enforce policies relating to food, drink, photo, video and other behaviors on guests. Ask for assistance when necessary. Offer to assist guests abide by these policies as necessary.
- Venue Setup & Cleanup: Prior to the season, assist staff in loading in and setting up all venues, including seating, numbering, and other materials. Prior to each event, help in ensuring that venues are as clean as possible, including disposing of garbage, restocking program books, and straightening seating.
- Venue Box Office — Assist visitors in picking up pre-purchased tickets, direct visitors to appropriate locations and venue, complete ticket sales at venue for day-of and future events, monitor venue exterior and liaise with Front of House and Visitor Services staff as necessary.
- Will Call: Distribute pre-purchased tickets to guests. Assist line in moving quickly. Reprint any pre-purchased tickets as necessary.
- Venue Ticket Sales: Sell tickets via Spektrix ticketing system for current or future events as necessary.
- Monitor Venue Exterior: Assist Front of House and Visitor Services team by encouraging guests to enter venue in a timely manner. Monitor venue exterior for any safety or security concerns and report to security personnel as necessary.
- Rosen House: Monitor visitors entering the Rosen House via security camera and in person interactions. Assist guests to the restrooms and ensure visitor and collection safety. Accept House Tour bookings and answer questions about the historic Rosen House.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service & Communication Skills: Must have a friendly and professional attitude and work well with the public to navigate different personality types among stakeholders including visitors, VIPs/donors, seasonal staff, artists, senior staff team & Board of Trustees. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Administrative Skills: Ability to maintain confidential information. Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong work ethic. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities.
- Values & Culture Fit: Demonstrated passion for music; have an appreciation for creating an environment of inspiration of music for all visitors; and have a strong commitment to Caramoor’s mission and values.
- Working Conditions: Ability to work in a busy environment, maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on 90 acres of woodland trails, gravel path ways and spectacular gardens. Flexibility to work during weekends and evenings as needed for events. Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs. Ability to set up and breakdown for events.
|Apply Now||View Full Job Description|
Caramoor is a cultural landmark and non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music. It’s also a pretty great place to work. Learn more about Caramoor.