What to expect as a visitor.
Before you arrive, we encourage you to review our guidelines and policies below. You may also view our FAQ page for additional details regarding the grounds, gardens, tickets, membership, support, and more. Please also review our Code of Conduct.
Please note: These policies have been reviewed and adjusted to address current health and safety guidance from New York State officials.
Updated as of November 5, 2020
- Keep at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and all individuals outside of your immediate household (contact) group, even when outdoors.
- Face masks are required when six (6) feet of distance from others cannot be maintained
- Masks are also required upon entry, when interacting with staff, in the restrooms, and on shared walkways.
- Face masks should not be placed on children younger than age two (2) or anyone having difficulty breathing.
- Please return home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Guests may not enter Caramoor’s premises if any of the following apply
- You currently have a fever of 100.4 °F or greater.
- You have had, in the past 48 hours, any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have had close contact with a person who has confirmed COVID-19.
- You tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have traveled to a location that meets the criteria for required quarantine in the last 14 days (excluding contiguous states to New York) and have not followed the guidelines to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine as defined here.
- Guests may not enter Caramoor’s premises if any of the following apply
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub hands together until dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face, seek medical attention. Call 911 or call ahead to the local emergency facility (Bedford Police 914.241.3111)
- Caramoor’s grounds will remain open except in extreme weather situations. In the event of any closures or cancellations, we will alert guests through their preferred communications methods as well as on our website.
- In the event of unforeseen extreme weather, Caramoor’s staff will enact emergency plans. All guests are expected to follow these procedures.
- Due to the outdoor nature of Caramoor, certain areas may be inaccessible because of weather. Please abide by any posted restrictions.
Service Animals & Pets
Certified service animals are always welcome at Caramoor. For the preservation of our grounds and safety to other visitors, non-certified service dogs and other pets are not allowed at Caramoor.
Our grounds are kid-friendly and we have family-friendly concerts and events throughout the year. We ask that parents remain mindful of their children at all times on Caramoor’s grounds.
Food and Beverages
- Outside food and beverage are permitted at Caramoor.
- Please clean up all garbage and recyclables. There are a few receptacles provided for your convenience and in the case they cannot be located, please treat Caramoor as a “carry-in, carry-out” facility to ensure our grounds stay beautiful for all to enjoy.
- Concessions and on-site dining are available on event days. For all other occasions, the Box Office carries a few light snacks and refreshments and is open when the grounds are open.
- All alcoholic beverages are to be consumed responsibly and by guests 21 and over.
There is no formal dress code at Caramoor, but we recommend comfortable clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and with unpaved surfaces in mind.
- Shoes and clothing are required at all times
- No sunbathing
To maintain the beauty and cleanliness of our setting, and to provide a healthier and better experience for all who visit or work at Caramoor, smoking, vaping, use of electronic smoking devices, or any tobacco products is prohibited except for designated permitted areas.
Security and Safety
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with all necessary security measures at Caramoor. While lawn chairs and picnic hampers are allowed onto the grounds, they are not permitted inside performance venues. Caramoor Management reserves the right to limit access to any of the venues or grounds for any reason.
Pop-up tents and beach umbrellas are permitted on the grounds, but will not be allowed at any performance, regardless of venue.
Please recognize that you assume any and all risks occurring before, during, and after an event at Caramoor, including injury by any cause. By attending events, you release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, and their respective affiliates and representatives from any related claims.
Items found left behind on our grounds will be held by the Box Office. If you think you have lost something at Caramoor, please call the Box Office at 914.232.1252 and we will try and reunite you with your item.
Cell Phones, Photography, and Video
- We encourage people to take photos and videos of our grounds.
- Outdoor photography and formal photoshoots are permitted during hours of operation as long as doing so does not disrupt the grounds, restrict the use of any space by guests, or interfere with any other programs or events. Commercial photography and videography is allowed through arrangements with Caramoor’s Special Events Office.
- Tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks, and all other camera support items are not permitted in indoor locations
- Drone use on Caramoor’s grounds is strictly prohibited
- Please note, your presence on Caramoor’s grounds is your consent to have your image or likeness appear in any captured photography, live or recorded video display, or transmission or production of Caramoor events.
Large groups and gatherings
- For information regarding group sales to concerts and events, please contact the Box Office.
- For information regarding private events and rentals, please contact the Special Events office.
Please view our Accessibility page for a full overview of accessibility at Caramoor and information about each of our venues.
WiFi and Internet
Complimentary WiFi is accessible while at Caramoor by connecting to “Caramoor-Free-WiFi.” Signing in as a guest user indicates you have read and accepted the Acceptable Use Policy.
Additional Event Policies
Ticket Prices, Refunds, and Exchanges
For information on ticketing and our policies, please visit out Box Office page.
Cell Phones, Photography, and Video in Our Venues
Help everyone enjoy the music. Please be sure to silence all mobile devices prior to concert start.
Video, photography, sound, or cell phone recording during the performance is prohibited. Some events may be recorded by management for promotional purposes. Please note, your attendance at any Caramoor event is your consent to have your image or likeness appear in any captured photography, live or recorded video display, or other transmission or production in whole or in part of this event.
Sometimes events conspire to make you late. We will do our best to get you into your seats at the earliest appropriate break in the program without disturbing others. Late seating placement is at the discretion of management.
This rule does not apply to open-air performances on Friends Field or other open areas on the grounds.