Turkey and togetherness aside, the holidays can be a stressful time. To help you maintain mental peace, we’ve gathered five delightful songs that were performed in our Music Room during our 2016 fall season.
In no particular order…
1. It’s a Good Day by Cyrille Aimée
2. String Sextet in D Major, Op. 10; Korngold / Performed by the Evnin Rising Stars
3. Suite italienne (for violin and piano); Stravinsky / performed by Edward Arron & Friends (November 20 at 3pm)
4. Lack of Cashflow Blues by David Amram
5. Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV. 1007: I. Prelude; Johann Sebastian Bach / Performed by Alisa Weilerstein
Ah yes, a piece most will recognize. This movement, along with the rest of the other 37 movements, were performed by the world-renowned cellist, Alisa Weilerstein. If you decide to listen to all of the movements, then you are looking at 2 hours and 17 minutes of pure bliss-an exceptional choice for those long holiday drives to houses of friends and family.
Want to listen to more? We have a whole playlist dedicated to our 2016 fall season!
This blog post was written by Roslyn Wertheimer, Marketing Coordinator.